DAMA Norway arranges many different events throughout the year. Our main objective is to deliver a platform for Data Management discussion that caters to our members’ needs and interests. We host online and physical events, big and small. Below you will find some more information on a selection of our events to get a flavor of what we do.
Are you interested in collaborating on an event, or want to request a topic or format for future events? Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) Training and Exam
TOPIC: This is an official, licensed training and certification for DAMA International’s Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) certification. The certification may be taken at any time online, but DAMA Norway can set up one annual pay-if-you-pass event, often with exam fee discounts and competitive prices on training.
DAMA Norway Council Meeting
TOPIC: The Council Meetings are hosted by the DAMA Norway board bi-annually, normally around March and September. The Council Meeting is open for all of DAMA Norway’s members to get information, provide input on the activities of the organization, and to formally vote on bylaws changes, new board members etc.
WHERE: Physical in Oslo or online (Teams)
WHEN: Bi-annually (ca March & September)
Bi-annual or more regularly events:
DAMA Norway Social Meetup
TOPIC: Social Meetups may have seasonal topics like summer or Christmas and are a chance to get to know other Data Management professionals and socialize. They are usually held once or twice a year but may vary according to interest.
WHERE: Online (Teams)
WHEN: Ad-hoc – often before the larger holidays of the year
DMBoK Book Club
TOPIC: “Study group” dedicated to learning about the topics in DMBoK, sharing experiences and engaging in an informal and open discussion. May be used as a means for preparing for the CDMP certification (non-official). We encourage people who have signed up to present one of the topics and facilitate the discussion.
WHERE: Online (Teams)
WHEN: August – December 2020
Events in 2021:
Upcoming events in 2021:
- September 2021 – DMBOK book club
- Desember 2021 – DAMA EMEA Conference
- November 2021 – DMBOK familiarisation and CDMP exam preparation training course
Past events in 2021:
- February 2021 – Data Ethics
- March 2021 – DAMA Norway Council Meeting
- May 2021 – Webinar – Telling your Data Story
- May 2021 – Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) official training & access to CDMP certification online exam
- June 2021 – DAMA Summer Social with Douglas Laney – The Business Case for a Chief Data Officer
- June 2021 – Datakvalitet – hva, hvorfor og hvordan
- September 2021 – DND-DAMA Norway 2nd biannual Council Meeting invitation
Events in 2020:
- January 2020 – Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) – Dataforeningen
- February 2020 – Responsible use of Data and AI
- May 2020 – Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) official training & access to CDMP certification online exam
- May 2020 – Workshop on Data Ethics
- November 2020 – DAMA Norway Christmas Social (online) – Dataforeningen
Events in 2019:
- February 2019 – Kick-off til utforming DND-DAMA Norge
- August – December 2020 – DMBoK Book Club – Dataforeningen
- September 2019 – The Chief Data Officer Journey
- October 2019 – DND DAMA Norway Council meeting – Dataforeningen
Faggruppen DAMA (Data Management Association – Norway Chapter)
DAMAs visjon er å standardisere og formalisere data management i Norge for å øke kompetanse og kunnskapsnivå innen fagfeltet. Vi vil fasilitere erfaringsdeling rundt data management, og ønsker å ha en positiv sosial innvirkning på samfunnet. Finn lenker til LinkedIn, nyhetsbrevet og mer på siden "Get involved". Vår LinkedIn-side inneholder alle de siste oppdateringene våre, og vårt nyhetsbrev Data Nugget gir en månedlig dose med datanyheter.