arrangeres av Nina Rokseth og resten av fagfolkene fra faggruppen DAMA (Data Management Association - Norway Chapter)
Doug Laney is a best-selling author and recognized authority on data and analytics strategy. He advises senior IT, business and data leaders on data monetization and valuation, data management and governance, external data strategies, analytics best practices, and establishing data and analytics organizations. Doug’s book, Infonomics: How to Monetize, Manage, and Measure Information for Competitive Advantage, was selected by CIO Magazine as the “Must-Read Book of the Year” and a “Top 5 Books for Business Leaders and Tech Innovators.”
The Business Case for a Chief Data Officer
There is a compelling business case for a Chief data officers to establish authority, secure budget and resources, and monetize their organization’s information assets.
There is a strategic need, a financial need, and an improvement need for executive responsibility when it comes to these information assets.
But some organizations still struggle with making a business case for the role. And even existing chief data officers can be unsure about how to formally justify their existence.
Douglas Laney conducted a study of hundreds of organizations with and without a CDO to determine how businesses with a CDO operate differently, including:
• Do organizations with a CDO benefit in any way?
• How does having a CDO affect the level of data quality and data governance?
• How does having a CDO affect data democratization and monetization?
• How does having a CDO affect the ability of an organization’s to value its data?
• Is there a difference between actual C-level CDOs and those who are not?
• How do investors feel about companies with a CDO?
• Where do great CDOs come from and what is their desired career path?
Ultimately, is the CDO really making a difference?
DAMA Summer Social
After Douglas Laney’s revealing presentation on the role of CDO, we will give you time to mingle and chat about this important topic. For that you can make and shake a cocktail together with us in on of the breakout rooms.
At 18:00 We will return to the main meeting for an update on DAMA Norway by our President Maria Camilla Nørgaard. What have we achieved with DAMA Norway in the first half of 2021. What do we want to provide you as an organization in the future? And how can you participate and get more value from DAMA Norway?
The event will end with a reveal of one of our newest concepts at 19:30.
Looking forward to a great afternoon together with DAMA Norway.
– Doug Laney will also be back with DAMA Norway for a new talk on his best-selling book “Infonomics”, November 16th, 2021.