arrangeres av Shiraz A. Bhaiji og resten av fagfolkene fra faggruppen Løsnings- og integrasjonsarkitektur
A Solutions Architect is an expert in many categories. They should have hands-on experience in multiple industries and across several disciplines. They can master a variety of hardware platforms including mainframes, distributed platforms, desktops, and mobile devices. Akin to that, they should also possess skill and understanding of a variety of Operating Systems. A broad and deep understanding of Databases is also required.
The CITA-A Solution course is for architects, managers, senior technical and delivery staff who wish to get a full life-cycle view of working and deliverable architectures at the enterprise solution level. They are expected to have completed CITA-Foundation and the IASA Core course. Students of the class have included CTO’s, Senior Development teams, architects of all types, and business managers with technical skills.
This course is delivered in instructor-led format offered online or onsite. Each day the course instructor will guide students through understanding the deliverables and strategy for Solution architects as well as the recommended best practices for delivering a solution architecture of value. Students will progress through instructor and student led discussions, hands-on workshops, and industry case studies. Develop solution architecture for midsize to large projects.
- Understand the 4 primary aspects of solution architecture and work with critical stakeholders to deliver them
- Function within the team throughout project life cycles to ensure appropriate technology strategy delivery
- Deliver solutions regularly based on sound value management techniques
- Manage stakeholders and key team members expectations and communications strategy
- Minimum: Knowledge of the IT Body of Knowledge (ITABoK) – Downloadable materials included in membership (separate registration is required). Business Technology Strategy pre-work materials included if registering as an individual online (Corporate plans may differ).
- Recommended: CITA-Foundation Certification
- Has hands-on experience in multiple industries and across several disciplines. Possess skill and understanding of a variety of Operating Systems. A broad and deep understanding of Databases is also required.
Module 0: Introduction
1. Iasa’s 5 Pillars – BTS, IT Environment, Design Skills, Quality Attributes, Human Dynamics
2. Core review
3. The Mini-MBA
4. Innovation Management in Architecture
5. Agility and Traditional Approaches Throughout
Module 1: The Solution Architect
1. Understanding the Role and the Skills
2. Components of a Solution Architecture
3. Engagement Models, Principles, and Architect Organization
4. The EA/SA Bridge
Module 2: Stakeholder Value to Requirements
1. Business Architecture For Solutions
2. Strategy, Business Models and Customers
3. Measures and Value Management 4. Business Case Impact on Solution Success
Module 3: Ideas to Alternatives
1. Solution Architecture Process
2. Modeling, Documenting and Communicating for Solutions
3. Early Analysis and Depth Requirement Management
4. Traceability Through the Lifecycle
Module 4: Alternatives to Projects
1. Services and Blueprints
2. Roadmaps, and Early Stage Team
3. Agile Architecture @ Scale
4. DevOps and Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment
Module 5: Solution Delivery Done Right
1. Evolutionary Design
2. Software Engineering and Teams
3. DevOps Pipeline and Delivery
4. Modern Architecture Stack
Module 6: Digital Transformation and the Cloud
1. Digital Transformation and the Solution Architect
2. Making the Most of the Cloud
3. Complex Cloud Scenarios
Module 7: Information and Integration
1. Modern Solution Information Patterns in Microservices and Cloud
2. Information Architecture Opportunities
3. Integration Architectures with APIs, Serverless, Microservices and Legacy
4. Bringing It Back to the Solution
Module 8: Working with the Enterprise
5. Change Management
6. Governance and Risk
7. Enterprise Frameworks and overlaps
8. Building a Complete Architecture Engagement Model
The CITA-A credential is awarded to those who qualify based on a combination of criteria including education, experience and test-based examination of professional knowledge of architectural skills and management.
The CITA-A exam for the solution architect specialization is based on curriculum from this course and the Iasa Associate Business Technology Strategy training pre-work material. The exam consists of 100 multiple choice and true/false questions deployed in an online environment.
Students will be given 14 days to enter the exam after completing an associate course and 3 hours to complete the exam once entered. A passing grade is 70%.
The fee for CITA-A exam is USD 600 and is not included in the course fee. Course participants who wish to take the certification report this at the start of the course. The test for the certification is done online after completing the course.
The course is onsite in Oslo.
The course in on English.
Participation fee (tax-free):
By 13 Ocotber:
Members early registration: NOK 24.950, –
Non-members early registration: 26.650, –
From 14 October:
Members: 25.950, –
Non-members: 27.650, –
Registration is binding. Participants who are prevented from attending may be replaced by another participant. Only written cancellation applies. Send email to email@example.com
Terms of purchase (in Norwegian)