arrangeres av Shiraz A. Bhaiji og resten av fagfolkene fra faggruppen Løsnings- og integrasjonsarkitektur
Kurset er kun for DNDs medlemmer.
Based on the book by Matthew Skelton and Manuel Pais, Team Topologies: Organizing Business and Technology Teams for Fast Flow, this live online training introduces the key ideas from Team Topologies in an accessible way. We look at the key ideas in Team Topologies including: the 4 fundamental team types, the 3 team interaction modes, Conway’s Law, team cognitive load, software ‘fracture planes’, techniques for finding suitable stream boundaries, and basic organizational sensing.
Part 1: The team as the means of delivery
- Understand that a team is not just a group of people with the same manager but a long-lived, high-performing unit with a single shared mission
- Understand why we need to move beyond “The Spotify Model” for effective organization design
- See why the Stream-aligned team is fundamental to modern software delivery with fast flow
- Recognize that it’s important to identify and work with human trust boundaries – including Dunbar’s Number – for a fast flow of change
- Realize that Conway’s Law – or “sociotechnical mirroring” – is both a hindrance and an opportunity for organizations, and see why organization design for software needs a mix of skills and viewpoints
Part 2: Organization designs that work for flow
- Understand cognitive load as applied to software delivery and teams, especially “team cognitive load”
- Recognize some attributes of systems optimized for a fast flow of change: loose coupling, asynchronous messaging, clear boundaries, etc.
- Discover the many types of coupling present in software systems and software delivery processes and why coupling needs to be removed, not managed
- Learn about the three supporting team types: Enabling, Complicated subsystem, and Platform, and how these help to product a fast flow of change, especially when used with a “Thinnest Viable Platform”
Part 3: Evolving the organization for innovation and delivery
- Discover ways in which the organization can “sense” its internal and external environment
- Understand how the supporting team types and the three interaction modes help organizations to sense when boundaries are misplaced or ineffective
- Recognize important “triggers” for evolution of the organization by listening to awkwardness in team interactions
Part 4: Getting Started + Q&A
- How to get started with a Team Topologies approach
- Explore ways in which Team Topologies principles may be applied in your organization
Deltakeravgift: NB! Kurset er kun tilgjengelig for DNDs medlemmer
Før 1. oktober:
Medlem: Kr 1.200,- (eks. mva)
Etter 2. oktober:
Medlem: Kr 1.700,- (eks. mva)
Påmeldingen er bindende. Deltakere som er forhindret fra å møte, kan erstattes med en annen deltaker. Kun skriftlig avbestilling gjelder.